Area advisory committees provide an avenue of communication between schools in a single area. They also meet with the area’s Trustee(s) and superintendent on a regular basis to provide communication between schools and administration.
Area advisory committee members review and make recommendations on:
- The hiring of area superintendents, area liaison officers and area support staff
- Personnel performance evaluations
- Short and long term capital construction projects and the order of priority
- Annual budget and monthly expenditures
- Changes in policies, procedures, programs and activities
- Short and long term priorities for their area