Frontier School Division is committed to providing an inclusive environment for all students, staff and their families. We strive to eliminate or reduce barriers that inhibit the participation of people with visible or non-visible disabilities which fosters and maintains a respectful, safe and caring environment. This includes initiatives such as:
- Ensuring communication with a person disabled by a barrier is done in a way that removes the barrier.
- Welcoming the use of assistive devices.
- Welcoming support persons.
- Welcoming people with service animals.
- Creating barrier-free access to all Frontier School Division services, so they benefit everyone as intended.
- Informing the public when there are service disruptions.
- Receiving and responding to feedback, including what action will be taken to respond to complaints.
- Ensuring all staff, volunteers, school committee members and representatives of Frontier School Division receive training on how to serve people disabled by barriers.
Frontier School Division’s Accessibility Plan is continually updated to meet the changing needs of our communities. If you have any questions or concerns with this document, please email email@example.com.