To ensure our students learn about and appreciate the historical contributions of Indigenous peoples, Frontier’s Social Studies and History department collects, develops and integrates materials across the curriculum.
This focus includes an emphasis on the economic history of Northern and remote communities in Manitoba to educate our students on the possibilities here today. The department also supports and promotes the Indigenous languages of Manitoba.
The Social Studies and History department’s work includes:
- Community histories and anthologies
- Video histories of our communities
- Culturally-sensitive illustrated books for early years
- Supplemental guides for early years
- Education kits on fur themes
- High school course in Indigenous Studies