At Frontier, we work in partnership with our communities to provide high-quality education for adult learners to develop the skills, knowledge and attitude essential for their successful participation in society.

We offer a wide selection of courses to help participants obtain the Mature Student High School Diploma and other educational goals. Our Adult Learning Centres are located in 21 communities throughout the division:​

​Berens River (204) 382-2264 ​Grand Rapids (204) 639-2135
​Birdtail Sioux (204) 568-4482 ​Gypsumville (204) 659-4156
​Black River (204) 367-9701 ​Leaf Rapids (204) 473-2571
​Brochet (204) 323-2203 ​Lynn Lake (204) 356-2292
​Camperville (204) 524-2113 ​Moose Lake (204) 678-2278
​Churchill (204) 675-2708 ​Norway House (204) 359-6296
​Cranberry Portage (204) 472-3431 ​Skownan (204) 628-3349
Crane River (204) 732-2750 ​South Indian Lake (204) 374-2136
​Dauphin River (204) 659-2156 ​Wanipigow (204) 363-7940
​Duck Bay (204) 524-2772 ​Waterhen (204) 628-3520
Gillam (204) 652-6929​


Frequently Asked Questions

The first step is to contact the Adult Learning Centre in your community. You will be asked to provide transcripts of your previous education, if possible. Most new students will need to write an assessment of skills in mathematics and English. This will help to place you at the appropriate grade level. This assessment will take up to two hours.

Yes. You can choose to complete the 30-credit regular diploma or register for the Mature Student High School Diploma. The Manitoba Department of Education recognizes both diplomas.

  • To be a role model for their children
  • Personal satisfaction
  • To increase employment opportunities
  • To prepare for additional training programs, college or university
  • For general upgrading or academic development
  • Individualized learning at your own pace
  • Instructor guidance and assistance whenever needed​

There is no cost to take courses at Frontier Adult Learning Centres. Paper, pens, binders calculators and other school supplies are provided.

Contact the school where you last earned credits or get your transcript from Manitoba Education. Manitoba Education charges a small fee for this service.

  • ​Math and English at the Grade 12 (40S) level (compulsory)
  • Two other Grade 12 (40) level courses (three if planning to attend university)
  • Four additional credits at the Grade 9, 10 or 11 level